For easy navigation, we grouped our tips into sections with related topics.
Getting Your Ticket
- Purchase your tickets in advance to save time during your trip.
- Purchase your tickets either directly from Universal Studios Hollywood or from a trusted agent.
Avoiding the Lines
- Use our FREE Universal Studios Hollywood crowd calendar to determine which days are best for your trip.
- Use our FREE touring plans and resources to get the most out of your trip.
- Download the official Universal Studios Hollywood mobile application on the App Store or Google Play Store to view wait times for attractions in the parks. You can use the app to easily view which attractions have short lines and long lines. You can use this information to decide which attractions to ride.
- Arrive ahead of park opening to be one of the first to experience the attractions and shows in the parks.
- Consider using the Single Riders line to experience shorter wait times for some attractions. You will be separated from your group, but you may reduce your time in line for popular attractions.
- Consider purchasing an Express pass during the busiest days to skip the regular lines at most attractions.
- AAA members, American Express members, and select annual passholders should take advantage of discounts at various locations throughout Universal. Simply show your card at a participating location.
- Bring a small snack to avoid purchasing unnecessary food. Be sure that the food you pack follows Universal Studios Hollywood’s policies and restrictions. Click/tap here to learn more about food items that are prohibited in the parks.
- Consider purchasing a Coca-Cola Freestyle cup if you plan to have soft drinks. They allow you to pay a single price for a cup and enjoy unlimited beverages for an entire day. Bottled water, however, is an additional charge.
Getting Through the Day with Excessive Items
- Rent a locker for a fee for the entire day or a portion of the day.
- Use the lockers available at select attractions. Rides that prohibit loose items provide free lockers for the duration of the ride.
Traveling with Young Children
- Take advantage of Universal Studios Hollywood’s Child Switch service. The service is designed to accommodate those traveling with children. All members of a party can enter a line together. Shortly before riding, the child and at least one adult must wait in a designated area while the other members experience the ride. Once the other members return, they can watch the child while the member who waited rides the attraction. This service makes it easy for all members of a group to experience an attraction if they’re traveling with a baby or a child who either cannot or does not want to ride.
- Experience the various kid-friendly areas located at all parks. These areas feature experiences specifically created for children.
Going on a Non-Water Park Water Ride
- If you have a lot of items with you, consider renting a locker when visiting a water ride. Although these lockers are not complimentary, they’ll keep your valuables safe and prevent any water damage.
- If you aren’t visiting with many items, bring waterproof sealable bags. You can use them to prevent your items from getting wet. Simply place them inside the bag and seal them.
- Pack a towel so that you can dry off afterward.
- Consider bringing extra clothes to change out of your wet ones.
Have a tip you’d like to share with our readers? Submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject titled “Universal Studios Hollywood Tips.”