For easy navigation, we grouped our tips into sections with related topics.
Getting Your Ticket
- Purchase your tickets in advance to save time during your trip.
- Purchase your tickets either directly from Universal Studios Hollywood or from a trusted agent.
Avoiding the Lines
- Use our FREE Universal Studios Hollywood crowd calendar to determine which days are best for your trip.
- Use our FREE touring plans and resources to get the most out of your trip.
- Download the official Universal Studios Hollywood mobile application on the App Store or Google Play Store to view wait times for attractions in the park. You can use the app to easily view which attractions have short lines and long lines. You can use this information to decide which attractions to ride.
- Arrive ahead of park opening to be one of the first to experience the attractions and shows in the park.
- Consider using the Single Riders line to experience shorter wait times for some attractions. You may be separated from your group, but you can reduce your time in line for popular attractions.
- Consider purchasing a Universal Express pass during the busiest days to skip the regular lines at most attractions.
- AAA members, American Express members, and select annual passholders should take advantage of discounts at various locations throughout Universal. Simply show your card at a participating location.
- Bring a small snack to avoid purchasing unnecessary food. Be sure that the food you pack complies with Universal Studios Hollywood’s policies and restrictions. Click/tap here to learn more about food items that are prohibited in the park.
- Consider purchasing a Coca-Cola Freestyle cup if you plan to have soft drinks. They allow you to pay a single price for a cup and enjoy unlimited beverages for an entire day. Bottled water, however, is an additional charge.
Getting Through the Day
- Try to limit the number of items you bring to the park. It can be a hassle to carry a lot of items all day long. If needed, consider renting a locker for a fee. Free lockers are also available at attractions that prohibit loose articles.
- Dress comfortably for the day. Be sure that the shoes you’re wearing provide enough cushion and aren’t tight.
- Take short breaks throughout the park, if needed. Walking and standing all day can be tiring. Sitting down and stretching can help relieve your discomfort.
- Drink cool beverages throughout the day to stay hydrated. You can purchase a Coca-Cola Freestyle cup for unlimited refills of soft drinks or take advantage of free cups of water at any dining location. Bottled water, however, is an additional charge.
Traveling with Young Children
- Assign a designated meet-up location where your child is likely to remember and locate. Should your child get lost, you can meet them at that location.
- You and your child can alert a Universal Studios Hollywood team member should your child get lost. Doing so will help locate your child.
- Take advantage of Universal Studios Hollywood’s Child Switch service. The service is designed to accommodate those traveling with younger guests. If a child does not meet an attraction’s boarding requirements or doesn’t want to experience an attraction, all other members can still experience that attraction with no hassle. With Child Switch, at least one guest waits with non-riders while the rest of the group enjoys the attraction. When they return, the supervising guest(s) can then experience the attraction without waiting in the regular line again while the other members watch after non-riders. Child Switch is available at select attractions. Check with a team member at the entrance to the attraction you’d like to experience to see if this service is available for that attraction. If so, you can inform the team member that you’d like to utilize it, and they will provide additional information.
- Experience the various kid-friendly areas located at the park. These areas feature experiences specifically created for children.
Going on a Water Ride
- If you have a lot of items with you, consider renting a locker when visiting a water ride. Although these lockers charge a fee, they’ll keep your valuables safe and prevent any water damage.
- If you aren’t visiting with many items, bring waterproof sealable bags. You can use them to prevent your items from getting wet. Simply place them inside the bag and seal them.
- Pack a towel so that you can dry off afterward.
- Wear flip-flops on water rides so your shoes aren’t soaked all day. You can switch to your shoes afterward.
- Consider bringing extra clothes to change out of your wet ones.
Have a tip you’d like to share with our readers? Submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject titled “Universal Studios Hollywood Tips.”