For easy navigation, we grouped our tips into sections with related topics.
Getting Your Ticket
- Purchase your tickets online and in advance at hollywood.halloweenhorrornights.com to save time during your trip and money.
Avoiding the Lines
- Use our FREE Halloween Horror Nights crowd level indicator to determine which night(s) is/are best for your trip.
- Use our FREE Halloween Horror Nights touring plan and resources to get the most out of your night.
- Download the official Universal Studios Hollywood mobile application on the App Store or Google Play Store to view wait times for mazes at the event. You can use the app to easily view which mazes have short lines and long lines. You can use this information to decide which mazes to experience.
- Arrive between 5 PM and 6:30 PM using the Early Entry entrance. This is the best way to get the most out of your night. You’ll be permitted into select mazes before the event officially begins. This will give you the chance to visit more mazes early in the night.
- If your budget allows for higher costs, we highly advise purchasing an Express pass for the event to drastically reduce your time in lines. It should be noted that you are only permitted to use the Express pass once per maze. Due to this, we suggest using the regular line if the posted wait time is below 30 minutes and you interested in revisiting the maze. You can then use the Express line afterward when the regular line has a longer wait time.
- Stay until the event ends. Lines for some mazes tend to get shorter later in the night.
- AAA members, American Express members, and select annual passholders should take advantage of discounts at various locations throughout Universal. Simply show your card at a participating location.
- Eat a meal either in the CityWalk complex or at a nearby dining location off-site. You’ll not only be able to maximize your time at the event, but you may also save money for higher quality food.
Getting Through the Night
- Try to limit the number of items you bring to the park. It can be a hassle to carry a lot of items all night long, and it’s inconvenient when trying to navigate your way around the park and in the mazes.
- Dress comfortably for the night. Be sure that the shoes you’re wearing provide enough cushion and aren’t tight.
- Take a nap before heading to the event if you’re not usually active late in the night. This will help you feel more relaxed.
- Take short breaks at the park. Walking and standing all night long can be tiring, so sitting down and stretching can help relieve the discomfort you may have. You can choose to take a break at a scare zone so that you’re still immersed in the Halloween Horror Nights experience.
- Drink cool beverages throughout the night to stay hydrated. You can take advantage of free cups of water at any dining location.
Experiencing the Mazes
- When visiting mazes before dusk, wear sunglasses. They may help darken the environment in the mazes.
- Be on the lookout for red buttons inside the mazes. If they’re pressed, you can experience a special surprise.
Have a tip you’d like to share with our readers? Submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject titled “Universal Studios Hollywood HHN Tips.”