For easy navigation, we grouped our tips into sections with related topics.
Getting Your Ticket
- Purchase your tickets online and in advance at orlando.halloweenhorrornights.com to save time during your trip and money.
Avoiding the Lines
- Use our FREE Halloween Horror Nights crowd level indicator to determine which night(s) is/are best for your trip.
- Use our FREE Halloween Horror Nights touring plan and resources to get the most out of your night.
- Download the official Universal Orlando Resort mobile application on the App Store or Google Play Store to view wait times for houses at the event. You can use the app to easily view which houses have short lines and long lines. You can use this information to decide which houses to experience.
- Arrive by at least 4:45 PM to be one of the first into the park. You’ll be permitted to enter the park about 30 minutes before the event officially starts. If you’re staying at a Universal Orlando on-site hotel, take advantage of the designated entrance for on-site hotel guests.
- If you’re visiting Universal Studios Florida during the daytime, stay in the park and wait at a designated “Stay and Scream” location. This is the best way to get the most out of your night. As the park transitions its operations for Halloween Horror Nights, you’ll be permitted to stay inside the park. You’ll also be permitted into select houses before guests at the park turnstiles. This will give you the chance to visit more houses early in the night.
- If your budget allows for higher costs, we highly advise purchasing a Halloween Horror Nights Express pass to drastically reduce your time in lines. It should be noted that you are only permitted to use the Express pass once per house. Due to this, we suggest using the regular line if the posted wait time is below 30 minutes and you interested in revisiting the house. You can then use the Express line afterward when the regular line has a longer wait time.
- Stay until the event ends. Lines for some houses tend to get shorter later in the night.
- AAA members, American Express members, and select annual passholders should take advantage of discounts at various locations throughout Universal. Simply show your card at a participating location.
- Consider purchasing a Coca-Cola Freestyle cup if you plan to have soft drinks. They allow you to pay a single price for a cup and enjoy unlimited beverages for an entire day.
- Eat a meal either in the CityWalk complex or at a nearby dining location off-site. You’ll not only be able to maximize your time at the event, but you may also save money for higher quality food.
Getting Through the Night
- Try to limit the number of items you bring to the park. It can be a hassle to carry a lot of items all night long, and it’s inconvenient when trying to navigate your way around the park and in the houses.
- Dress comfortably for the night. Be sure that the shoes you’re wearing provide enough cushion and aren’t tight.
- Take a nap before heading to the event if you’re not usually active late in the night. This will help you feel more relaxed.
- Take short breaks at the park. Walking and standing all night long can be tiring, so sitting down and stretching can help relieve the discomfort you may have. You can choose to take a break at a scare zone so that you’re still immersed in the Halloween Horror Nights experience.
- Drink cool beverages throughout the night to stay hydrated. You can purchase a Coca-Cola Freestyle cup for unlimited refills of soft drinks or take advantage of free cups of water at any dining location.
Experiencing the Houses
- When visiting houses before dusk, wear sunglasses. This will make it easier to adjust to the dark environment inside some houses when the sun is still out. They may also help darken the environment in houses that are situated in tents.
- Be on the lookout for red buttons inside the houses. If they’re pressed, you can experience a special surprise.
Have a tip you’d like to share with our readers? Submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject titled “Universal Orlando HHN Tips.”